Friday 7 February 2014

Initial Ideas

For my digipak production my initial idea goes as followed;


  • The front of my digipak will have an image of a doll whom, is flawed and impaired. This will act as a representation of the young girl, a doll further being used to represent the 'perfect' role model to society. Having the doll bashed will show the realistic imperfections of the young girl and additionally the negative stages of which she has gone through growing up, now having both an alcohol and drug addiction. Moreover this could symbolise a 'broken Britain' as youths are becoming increasingly alienated from society. I would ideally prefer this image to be in colour, as the majority of digipaks I have analysed have been in colour rather than having a monochromatic filter overlaid. This image may further flow through onto the back and the following panel of my digipak, showing an on-going image across the horizontal layout. 
  • For the inside panels of my digipak I may use a key prop used within our music video therefore, creating noticeable intertextual references between both my digipak and the already produced music video. For this, I feel that the injection would be a effective choice, photography the projected fluid across the space of the three panels. Again, this would be in colour as I would like to create consistency across the colour scheme, possibly darkening the saturation to represent the negative emotions behind the main song, 'Love Diamonds'.
  • For my typography I will be using a Sans-serif font as this is the most commonly used typeface from the digipaks I have analysed. In opposition to a Serif typeface the Sans-serif font represents something more modern, generally being used in less formal forms of media. Additionally, the colour of this will probably be either black or white as these are the most commonly used colours due to their contrasting attributes, depending on the colour of the backing image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment